I took advice from a man in the grocery store about cooking brussel sprouts. Not one of my top 10 green veggies to eat. He recommended cutting them in half length wise, browning cut side down in butter, then steaming in chicken stock until soft. He swore they were the ulitmate in small leafy greens. I bought 4 to try. Not bad...for a brussel sprout. They were way better than any brussel sprout I had ever eaten (which has been few and very far between). BUT they were still brussel sprouts and will most likely not be cooked again in this kitchen. Needless to say, I didn't save Michael any nor did I expect him to eat any if I had.
If however I were going to do them again...I'd try this recipe for Roasted Brussel Sprouts.
1 comment:
Oh no! We love brussel sprouts in our house! The kids beg for them because we call them "little cabbages"! I just steam them in the microwave then throw a bit of butter on top. Yum!
Post a Comment