Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sick Day

I woke up this morning with an impressive sinus headache.  Seasons change a little too abruptly, or else with the return to school, my children shared in the new flora and fauna that their friends brought home from their exotic summer vacations.  Either way, I spent the day working from home.

On the plus side, I was able to play with little man in between phone calls and emails, which was really fun.  He organized my office as our 'bad-guy hideout'.  It had such fine accouterments as a full kitchen with forks, knives and pizza, and a cozy bed which we took advantage of for stories and an afternoon nap.

Sweet felt pretty awful today as well, but managed to bake up some delicious bagels which we topped with cream cheese and home made pepper jam.  Very good dinner while we enjoyed 'Nanny McFee' as a family.  Pretty simple, but as far as sick days go, it was one worth remembering.

No comments: