
We eat A LOT of graham crackers in this house. So when I found a recipe for one I had to try it out. It calls for 1cup whole wheat flour and 1/2cup graham flour, plus 1cup all purpose flour. In another recipe it called for 1 1/2 cups graham flour, rather than mixing it with the whole wheat. They are incredibly delicious, but much more buttery and less sweet than I expected them to be. After making these I've made some modifications which we will do the next time I bake them up. Here are my changes:
1. Chill dough after mixing for 20-30minutes, this will make it easier to roll out.
2. Don't bother trying to roll it out between two sheets of parchment paper, it just stuck to both! Instead, roll out onto one sheet of parchment after you have flattened it out with floured hands and a floured rolling pin.
3. Don't bother pre-cutting the crackers either, the dough puffs in the oven and eliminated the cuts anyway...but do prick with a fork prior to baking.
4. Cut IMMEDIATELY after removing from oven into small rectangles.
Enjoy with cold milk!
Next time I think I might mess with the butter quanity too, they were pretty rich and more like a cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment