Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter-cake


Happy Easter (late, I know) I made these cute cupcakes for our Easter dinner guests. They turned out much better than expected, despite my gooey frosting...too hot in the kitchen or not enough powdered sugar. The handles are made out of gum paste (my first attempt at the product) and as far as I can tell worked great. It does soften up in the refrigerator though, but the kids ate it just the same.
As for the rest of the meal, we had classic glazed ham, whipped red potatoes, cob salad, and callahah rolls. Lots of my favorite things.
Due to the glory of butter consumption in our house and a break in the weather I piled my boys in the double stroller and trucked it down to our post office and back, 3.8 miles round trip. I also stopped at this store called Cooking Matters in downtown Nashua and bought some really delicious sounding sauce to try out, 'Chipotle Pear Grilling Sauce', I'll let you know the results.

4 comments:

The Gillmans! said...

The cupcakes are way cute! Good job. It was good "seeing" you guys yesterday. Love.

Kerri said...

They look great! What a fun project:)

rmichaelorr said...

Can't wait to try the Chipotle pear!

McQuarrie's said...

What the...I mean I know you had mad kitchen skills but come on-those cupcakes look AMAZING! I am now sadly wishing that I would have been at your house for Easter dinner :)